How “True Purpose” coaching changed my life — and how it can change yours
“What Einstein did for physics and Gutenberg did for printing, True Purpose does for purpose. You’ll discover that we’ve been in nursery school with respect to what we know and how we access purpose. This book puts us into college. . . True Purpose will be the standard for years to come. . . ”
– Martin Rutte, co-editor of Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work
Search for “purpose” on Amazon.com, and you’ll find hundreds of books that could be relevant if you want greater meaning in your life.
But Tim Kelley’s True Purpose approach is one of a few that’s based on getting the answer to “What is my life’s purpose?” from a more expansive and AUTHENTIC source of knowledge than the mind and the ego.
You might or might not decide to make a drastic career change as I did, but you will:
- Discover what you are uniquely designed to do: whether you’re considering a career change, retiring, or just starting out
- Start a lifetime relationship with a “Trusted Source” that can guide you wisely
- Clear up baggage that’s holding you back in other aspects of your life
- Move forward with greater clarity, grounding, balance, and consciousness about the choices you make
- Find ways to incorporate greater meaning and satisfaction into your life
- Be energized as you shift away from the limitations of the life you’ve lived to the possibilities of a life based on who you are
So What’s a “Trusted Source”?
Kelley’s book gives you many ways to connect with what he calls a “Trusted Source.” A TS is something outside your ego that knows your purpose and can communicate it to you.
Everyone’s Trusted Source is different and individual. Some call it the subconscious or unconscious mind. For some, it’s the soul or higher self or the heart. For others, it’s God, the universe, spirit guides, angels, or what Carl Jung would call the collective unconscious.
My purpose (“to help people heal so they can live their lives without fear”) and my decision to do what I do now emerged from his process. I can only describe that moment as electric – and when I tell people my purpose, it still feels that way.
True Purpose CAN BE Spiritual and Idealistic and Practical and Pragmatic
What made me decide to become a True Purpose coach is that this process is also about changing “blocks” – the thinking, beliefs, fears, and internal wounds and resistances that keep people from changing their lives.
Kelly recommends several approaches to remove blocks that I’ve used successfully, including Voice Dialogue, hypnotherapy and NLP (neurolinguistic programming), and the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). And I’m trained in Eye Movement Integration, a close relative to EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), which Kelley also recommends.
True Purpose helps people address the very real concerns that everyone has about making big changes, from making enough money to meeting family and societal expectations to maintaining work-life balance.
“Tim Kelley gives us all a road map for the discovery of our true purpose in life. No other book that I have ever come across lays out the journey in such a thoughtful, challenging, and motivating way. If you want a life filled with meaning and purpose, let Tim be your guide. You won’t be disappointed!”
– Howard Behar, former president of Starbucks Coffee
Is True Purpose is Right for You? Get a Free Sample Chapter of the Book
If you believe you have something unique to contribute to the world, and if you think it’s possible that you can connect with some intelligence “bigger” than yourself, True Purpose could be just right for you.
I’ll send a free book chapter to help you decide. Click here. [ link ]
Although you can work through the book on your own, coaching will:
- keep you motivated and steadily progressing
- give you perspectives you can’t get on your own
- take you through new and streamlined processes that have been developed since the book was written and taught to True Purpose coaches
- provide personal support for your specific situation and goals
What it Takes
This is a deep and rewarding process, but the approach, time, effort, introspection, and investment aren’t for everyone.
Getting coached through the book takes 10 to 12 sessions. Homework takes three to five hours per session. If you’ve done a lot of personal growth /development work, that might be all you need. Otherwise, changing the aforementioned “stuff” that might hold you back will take 15 to 30 sessions. The average is about 30, total.
I give special pricing to those who’re willing to commit to 10-session packages. If money is a challenge, please say so. I reserve some time for sliding-scale clients and for unemployed and underemployed veterans. So if you’re serious about True Purpose, let’s talk about how to make it possible for you.
Certified hypnotherapist and practitioner of NLP
True Purpose Coach